home about

BLOOM ARTS FEST IN A NUTSHELL


Last Saturday (29 Sept. 2012) was my first trip to Cubao X. It was completely different with what I expected it to be, but it was nice. There were plenty of shops selling shoes, vinyl records, and other old/vintage-y stuff. Of course there were bars and coffee shops too. It’s like heaven! I really really want to go back there and explore.

I met up with my friends for the first time (wow, I have so many firsts) and we attended the Bloom Arts Fest 2012! I had a lot of fun. While we were going around Cubao X, I also saw some of my blockmates and people I knew from school there. We saw a lot of amazing artworks by some of my favorite artists like Valerie Chua, Rob Cham, and discovered new ones as well. We got to see some of them in person too!


The first gallery we went to was at Heima’s. There, we met Tokwa Penaflorida and gahd his art is amazing. The way they decorated the place was really pretty too. Girly and home-y.


Here’s some art we also saw. I do not regret going out even though I was broke because the place was really wonderful. Even the walls are drawn and full of art like the one above, which is the way up to a thrift store.


VINYL TOYS. GAHD I LOVE VINYL TOYS. On our way up there, I saw the skull drawing and I found it cool so I took a picture of it. lol


We got tired going around Cubao X so we had dinner (?) in a restaurant there (I forgot the name). I ordered mais con yelo and I only got it when I asked it to be cancelled. We were already going home and they told me that they’ll just give me mais con yelo because their boss isn’t there so I agreed and I ate it while we were walking through the “abandoned” (abandoned I call it but really they’re just condos being built) buildings.

I also bought some merchandise from the arts fest and despite being broke, I'm still happy I got these stuff. I'm really looking forward to another trip to wherever.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I've nominated you for the Liebster award over on my blog! :)

    http://thelazyartstudent.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete